The Receipt Bank Group has been revolutionising accounting for small businesses since we were founded in 2010. We began life as the first software company to automate the collection and data extraction of receipts and invoices.
Today, we provide technology that unlocks the value of accounting data, automates the bookkeeping process and helps build more valuable accountant-client relationships. Our award-winning AI and automation technologies are used by over 5,000 accounting & bookkeeping firms and hundreds of thousands of small business customers globally, who in turn benefit from cost savings, effortless bookkeeping, and real-time accounting.
Receipt Bank recently raised $50m in a series B fundraise led by Insight Venture Partners and raised previous investment from Kennet Partners. In 2017, Receipt Bank was also ranked 10th in The Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing UK Technology businesses, and UK’s 7th fastest growing Tech Company in Deloitte Fast 50. Receipt Bank is adopted by hundreds of new firms every month and is growing 100%+ year on year.
We are a global company and have offices in London, Washington DC, Sydney, Ljubljana (Slovenia), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Paris and we are due to open more offices as we scale up rapidly. Our international presence helps us to support an ever-expanding number of accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses regardless of their geographical location. Receipt Bank is transforming bookkeeping.
Located close to central Sofia (Bulgaria), the office is the software development hub for Receipt Bank Group. There are approximately 100 + colleagues supported from the Sofia office, of which approximately 80% are in the software development team and the remainder work in Production, Customer Support, Marketing, Finance and HR. Most of the team work remotely and we operate a somewhat unique yet effective remote working culture that has helped us build an effective team. Providing HR support to a remote team can be challenging at first but you will soon get used to ‘slack’ and ‘zoom’, the two main communication channels we use to support a highly effective remote team, which is embedded in our culture and in how we work at the Sofia office (within the software development team). We would like to operate like a tech start up and provide an environment that allows colleagues to thrive and grow in their role as we scale up. As a member of the people team, you will play a big part in shaping this.
Support the CPTO (Chief People and Talent Officer), the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) and the business leaders in the day to day management of the people function, for the team based in Sofia. Take ownership and accountability for the overall HR and people related initiatives as well for the entire employment lifecycle for the team located at the Sofia office.
This is a true generalist HR role, that requires a wide range of HR skills, with a good eye for detail as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritise on value added tasks and initiatives that help us create a truly unique and rewarding working culture.
Reporting To The Senior HR Business Partner based at the Sofia office
Direct Reports: HR co-ordinator
- Work with the CTO and the local management team to understand the resourcing requirements and build a talent pipeline
- Work with the HR coordinator to ensure that the role is advertised in the relevant channels and that candidates are shortlisted in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to provide relevant information that is required for group reporting purposes
New starter & on-boarding process
- Offer documentation, contract and paper work is sent out in a timely manner in line with legal requirements
- All necessary steps and processes are followed for Company and local on-boarding
- All background checks are completed in a timely manner
- Run manager on-boarding sessions as required for new managers.
Culture and engagement
- Ensure that the office reflects the tech environment and culture through space planning and initiatives.
- Lead and/or participate in the company’s people and culture projects as required, including supporting the CTO with team off-sites and any other initiatives as required.
- In conjunction with the CPTO assist with pulse or colleague engagement surveys and coordinate distribution of the results of the survey and action plan for the Sofia office.
- Ensure that the communication principles and channels are adopted and that there is effective communication across the office
- Pro-actively identify and raise any colleague engagement issues
Performance Reviews and Reward
- Assist with the performance review cycles, pay review recommendations for the Sofia office
- Train managers and colleagues on the review process and tools for conducting effective reviews
- Assist the Group Compensation and Benefits Specialist with salary and benefits benchmarking as well as any compensation related projects that impact on the local team
Training and Development
- Coordinate training and development activities for the Sofia office
- Evaluate and assess effectiveness of the training events
- Where appropriate assist the CPTO in delivering people process related training for the Sofia Management team
- Coach and develop the Sofia management team in people related processes
- and leadership skills.
Work with the HR co-ordinator on the following aspects but ultimately take responsibility for the following tasks
- Ensure that all letters, documents and any information issued to colleagues are compliant with local requirements
- Set up filing systems (manual and computer) to ensure that all data is accessible by the relevant individuals and that all sensitive data is stored safely and confidentially at all times in line with local data regulations
- Work with the London People team to map out the process flow charts and prepare templates relating to the full colleague experience, including new starters, probationary reviews, employment changes, leavers, etc
- Create and implement simple systems that make our employment processes effective, including creation of Google forms and using HRIS where appropriate to collect data (rather than emails)
- Think creatively about how we can gather, access and store data
- Consider how information flows for any changes to terms and conditions of employment and recommend appropriate systems to support/automate the flow of information
- Take overall responsibility for legal employment compliance for the Sofia team.
Support the team based in the Sofia office
- Ensure everyone (in particular the managers) is aware of the people processes and systems
- Provide clear, concise HR advice to managers and colleagues covering the areas of employment law, company policies and procedures and HR processes
- Support the HR coordinator with any colleague issues including the use of performance management, and pro-active management of the investigation of disciplinary, grievance and capability issues
- Build strong working relationships with key departments in the Sofia office as well as key functions at HQ in London (such as legal, IT and Finance) as well as the global people team
- Support with any general HR and payroll queries from colleagues that are escalated
- Help and guide managers on the leavers process (carry out exit interviews), including ensuring that the managers/colleagues communicate in a timely manner and submit the required information in a timely manner.
- Attend regular team meetings as required and provide proactive support on people issues
- Train line managers in people processes as required.
- Assist the CPTO and CTO with the key HR activities linked to the rhythm of the business
- Keep abreast of all changes to best practice guidance and relevant legislation
- Analyse and reports on various data connected to the HR processes managed.
Partner closely with CPTO and the People team on diagnosing, interpreting and building recommendations based on data analysed.
Any other task that may be required from time to time.
Required skills & experience:
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work beyond the ‘to do list’ approach. • Self- motivated, with the ability manage your own workload without close supervision.
- Strong project management skills and approach, so can systematically build a road map and provide timely updates on progress on specific activities and projects
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to use your initiative and think creatively.
- Ability to manage and resolve a caseload of sensitive employee matters in a complex and matrixed business environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to know when key pieces of information needs to be communicated to the Sofia Management/Leadership team, CPTO and the entire People team
- Strong business acumen and people acumen, and ability to influence business leaders at a managerial level around complex employee relations decisions
- Ability to partner across People team to deliver effective business solutions.
- Effective consulting skills
- Good eye for detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to analyse data and make sound recommendations
- Strong systems/process thinking ability (and not necessarily HR/people processes
- Logical and reflective thinking and approach
- Team player who is able to assist, guide and support other members of the team
- Uses initiative for continuously challenging processes and making systems and process better
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification would be ideal
- At least 3 years+ relevant work experience
- Experience of working in a tech environment where people processes are driven by creating the right culture is critical