The Receipt Bank Group has been revolutionising accounting for small businesses since we were founded in 2010. We began life as the first software company to automate the collection and data extraction of receipts and invoices.
Today, we provide technology that unlocks the value of accounting data, automates the bookkeeping process and helps build more valuable accountant-client relationships. Our award-winning AI and automation technologies are used by over 5,000 accounting & bookkeeping firms and hundreds of thousands of small business customers globally, who in turn benefit from cost savings, effortless bookkeeping, and real-time accounting.
Receipt Bank recently raised $50m in a series B fundraise led by Insight Venture Partners and raised previous investment from Kennet Partners. In 2017, Receipt Bank was also ranked 10th in The Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing UK Technology businesses, and UK’s 7th fastest growing Tech Company in Deloitte Fast 50. Receipt Bank is adopted by hundreds of new firms every month and is growing 100%+ year on year.
We are a global company and have offices in London, Washington DC, Sydney, Ljubljana (Slovenia), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Paris and we are due to open more offices as we scale up rapidly. Our international presence helps us to support an ever-expanding number of accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses regardless of their geographical location. Receipt Bank is transforming bookkeeping.
The Head of IT will be responsible for building and owning the IT infrastructure, strategy, support, third-party supplier relationships and budget for the Receipt Bank Group as the business continues to expand globally.
- Review and implement the IT strategy for infrastructure, applications development and maintenance, ensuring its business led and technology enabled
- To ensure the provision of effective IT and telephony infrastructure for the company globally
- To ensure such systems run smoothly and are properly maintained within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- To ensure the appropriate design, development, implementation and co-ordination of IT systems, policies and procedures
- To ensure the security of data, network access and backup systems and the preservation of assets, information security and control structures
- To ensure that systems are audited, problems identified and timely solutions implemented
- To maintain and test business continuity plans, in conjunction with other operations colleagues
- To proactively interact with all internal clients and ensure all helpdesk activities are resolved in a timely fashion
- Manage the IT budget across the Group
- To proactively build and maintain supplier relationships, ensuring SLAs are met and costs controlled
- Provide technical and strategic support to ongoing projects, including office relocations, new system implementations, etc
Required skills & experience:
- A proven track record of managing the IT function in a fast-paced business
- The ability to take a ‘hands on’ roll in building the internal IT structure, policies and processes
- Commercially aware with the ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the business from an IT infrastructure perspective
- A self-starter who is able to define, formulate and develop the role in all aspects
- A real passion for and knowledge of the latest technology, combined with excellent appreciation for ROI
- A strong presenter and communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally, coupled with strong people management skills